Go ahead, leave a comment!!!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Pioneer Day 5K

On Saturday I ran the Pioneer Day 5K w/ my friend, DaNae.  My husband usually runs races with me but he has to watch our son & his eight year old brother that we were watching for a few days.  He did take some awesome pictures of me though!!!

Race morning we got the kiddo's up at 6 o'clock in the morning.  It was easier than I had originally thought.  We got there about 20 minutes before the race started.  Ten minutes before I had to go to the bathroom.  I found the port-a-potties but the line was crazy long and there was only four potties.  A few minutes before the race started I decided to give up on waiting for a potty.  I didn't have to go that bad.  Kind of stinks to run with a semi full bladder though.

The race started and I stayed with my friend, DaNae, for the first mile of the race.  Then I went ahead.  This race was different then the other 5K's I've ran because they actually had water stations on the 5K course.  Before this race, I had only trained for two weeks since the past month or so have been crazy.  I finished the race at 38:26.  Definitely not a PR, but still felt good about the race.

2 comments: