Go ahead, leave a comment!!!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Onion Days 5K

I decided to do this race even though I was out of shape.  It was so close to home that I HAD to do it!

I woke up at 5:45am w/ the runs.  Blah!  Not fun.  The good news is that it went away right before the race.  I blame the cookies I ate the night before. 

The race started a little after 7am.  It was pretty chilly out.  When I left for the 5K, it was about 43 degrees...brrr!  I got to say I prefer running in cooler weather though! While running this race I realized why some people wear sun visors.  There was a good stretch of this race where the sun was in my eyes.  I'm thinking I may get one for my next race.

I decided to keep my pace slow for this race since I've slacked off on training for the past month.  I ended up finishing at 39:56.  Definitely not a PR, but I'm going to work towards getting back to a 35 minute 5K!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment