Go ahead, leave a comment!!!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Here I go!

I've decided to run a half marathon after all!  A bunch of my friends want to do the Provo Halloween Half Marathon so I thought it would be fun to do it with them.  I won't be actually running with them since I run at a much slower pace, but it will still be fun!

I'll be doing the half marathon using 3/2 run-walk intervals.  The goal is to finish even though I'd like to cross the finish line in 3-3.5 hrs.

Here is a quick overview of my training plan:

Week of September 19th -
Tuesday - 4 miles , Thursday - 4.5 miles, and Saturday - 6 miles
Week of September 26th -
Tuesday - 4 miles, Thursday - 4.5 miles, and Saturday - 8 miles
Week of October 3th -
Tuesday - 4 miles, Thursday - 4.5 miles, and Saturday - 4 miles (Love Your Body 6K)
Week of October 10th -
Tuesday - 4.5 miles, Thursday - 4.5 miles, and Saturday - 10 miles
Week of October 17th -
Tuesday - 4.5 miles, Thursday - 4.5 miles, and  Saturday - 8 miles
Week of October 24th -
Tuesday - 4 miles, Thursday - 30 minute walk, and Saturday - RACE DAY!

I'm also running on my treadmill on the short run days (Tues & Thurs) and Saturday I'm running outside so my body gets adjusted to it.  Plus it gives me a chance to figure out my fueling for the race.

1 comment: